Saturday, January 26, 2013

Shin splints.....ugh

Last year I bought these new fancy running shoes and after about 2 weeks of running in them, I ended up getting HORRIBLE shin splints where I couldnt even waslk on my ankle.  It left me with 3 months of NO running, which sucked. 

So this past week was FREEZING cold, and when I was running my ankle (the other ankle from my injury last year) started bothering me, but more like I a pain that I had just twisted it or because it was stiff from the cold.  About half way through my run it felt fine. 

Yesterday I ran again in FREEZING temps.  My ankle started fine, but at the end felt like i had lightly twisted it.  then last night when I was getting out of the car I had whaked it on the corner of my car door.  Today my shin/ankle THROBS!  I dont knos if its the start of another shin splint or a bruise from the car door.  To play it safe I am going to lay off the running for the week. 

I am devastated because this was a goal of mine to run 20K.  But to make up for that since Ive already run 5km this week, I am going to spend 3-4 hours on my bike.  this will make up for my running goal this week

so my updated goals are
run - 5km - COMPLETED
bike - 3 1/2 hours total
abs
pushup
triceps
vitamins
and track WW points

I hope this is just a bruise and not a shin splint....

No comments:

Post a Comment