Saturday, January 5, 2013

Well that was all a blur....

SO..... it's been a while since my last post, and these past 2 1/2 weeks have all been a massive blur.  Here are the highlights.....

I baked a gazillion cookies, and wrapped a gazillion presents.....

Drove 21/2 hours after work on Friday the 21st to go see Mr. Match

Spent Saturday doing last minute Christmas shopping with him and eating cookies

Sunday was his birthday, so I made him pancakes, ate cookies, went to the deli and got sandwiches for lunch, had a cupcake and cookies.  I gave him his birthday presents at lunch.  I got him a new belt, fur lined sperry top siders, a new leather "murse" and a bocce set.  Every year for Christmas and his birthday I make him something that i call the "gift of love" This year his bithday gift of love was a hand made wooden box to hold the bocce balls.  That night went to his aunts house for an early Christmas eve dinner where we ate ate ate...

Monday exchanged Christmas presents with his parents, ate cookies, ate cookies, ate cookies, and drove 2 1/2 hours home just in time to wrap a couple last minute gifts and get to my uncles house for wait you guessed it......more food! 

Christmas day as always goes by too fast.  We ate, drank, opened gifts, ate, drank, and ate some more.  By this time my muffin top was OUT OF CONTROL!!!

Mr. Match didn't get to my house to exchange presents until the night of the 27th because he had to work the 26th and 27th.  He is never that thrilled with anything that he gets me, but this year was different, he was so excited about what he got me, he couldn't wait for me to open them.  He opened his presents from me first. I got him a new belt, a Patagonia fleece/sweater, new plain Sperry's, and waterproof speakers for our ipod on the boat.  His "gift of love" for Christmas was a night stand, hand built by me (with some help from my dad)  His gift to me was........a trip to FLORIDA to see my Best friends!!!!!! of course leaving at 4am the next day.  I quickly packed and went to bed and the next day hopped on a plane and headed to the Sunshine State. 

There I saw two of my best friends, showed Mr. Match where I used to live and go to college, ate, drank, ate, drank, ate, drank, ate, drank, ate drank.  Like my title says "it was all a blur" (mostly because i was drunk for 90% of the trip!   I got home from my vacation New years day a solid 5 pounds heavier!!!!!    uh oh! 

Now I am back to hopefully blogging daily! because after the holidays my Muffin top is here, and boy do I ever hate it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment